Life is full of options and choices. The choices we make shape
our future. As we stand at the cross roads after high school we
must have the right vision to make the decision to go to college.
1. A college education secures our future. The number of
employment opportunities is greater and statistics reveal that
most leaders are college grads.
2. If you have a college education you will make more money
which in turn will enable you to have a better lifestyle. If a
high school graduate earns US$ 34,303 annually, a college
graduate will earn US$ 56,334, and a person with a professional
qualification will net at least US$ 99,411.
3. It is not just earnings. A college education makes you a
rounded person. It shapes your communication skills, expands
your knowledge base, makes you methodical and organized, and
exposes you to a whole new world of learning.
4. People with a college education have better value systems and
are healthier. They are able to guide their family positively.
5. College can help you qualify in fields you are interested in.
So if you are an innovator, inventor, or healer, or artist you
can train in the specific field and qualify.
6. According to experts, college graduates are self confident,
have greater knowledge of governance, are less likely to become
criminals, are emotionally and financially secure, make better
partners and parents, and have a deeper understanding of human
7. College instills a deep sense of right and wrong and is they
very essence of a democratic world.
8. Education opens the doors to many things like multiple jobs,
career choices, the chance to further education at any point in
life, and the option of teaching others what you have learnt. Be
it a child, family member, or a poor person you meet.
9. College education is an investment in you that yields much
more than Wall Street investments.
10. College educated citizens will ensure the continuing success
of the "American Dream." The ability to see the right path and
work for peace and prosperity.
Students according to Jose Marti a patriot are the very ramparts
of a nation and the strongest advocates of freedom. Education
creates a conscience and as a result a better human being.
College education eventually becomes a legacy for future
generations. Most succeeding generations of college educated
people go to college themselves. The value of a good education
becomes ingrained in their genes. Huge stones can be moved with
muscle power but it is brain power that tells you how to move it
and what can be done with it.
About the author:
Paul Wilson is a freelance writer for
http://www.1888Onlinecolleges.com/ , the premier website to find
top ranking colleges online directory including topics on public
colleges, private colleges, online college, college course
online, information on college costs, financial aid, degrees
awarded, enrollments and more. He also freelances for premier
Discussion Site http://www.1888Discuss.com